Sports nutrition is a science based on clinical research and focuses on enhancing performance by optimising nutrition. I adapt the latest research into a practical nutrition plans to meet my client’s individual needs.
Correct nutrition is essential for optimal sporting performance. The role of sports nutrition is provide adequate fuel, nutrients and hydration to meet the demands of training and competition. Some athletes aim to become stronger or faster, whilst recreational athletes and gym-goers may want to improve their energy, optimise dietary intake or become more lean or muscled.
Sports nutrition focuses on
- What to Eat
- When to eat
- How much to eat
Refer to Services for fees and appointment types.
Why Choose Me Instead of A Dietician or Nutritionist?
Essentially, sports nutrition is a science and my training and ongoing education is based on the exact same scientific studies and nutrition guidelines as a sports dietician. I use the top nutrition analysis software to analyse your diet, bio-impedance scales for monitoring your body composition and top quality supplements.
The main difference between our practice is that I approach nutrition from a holistic perspective:
- As well as your sports nutrition and performance, I assess all areas of your health in our initial consultation to ensure your body is functioning optimally. Optimal function is essential for you to perform at your best and feel your best.
- I am skilled to support many other areas of health without you having to pay to consult another practitioner. This is especially helpful if you suffer from any other health problems such as gut issues, fatigue, female hormonal imbalances, poor immunity, poor sleep, stress etc.
- My nutrition and supplement prescription takes into account your health as a whole and I cater for allergies, intolerances and food preferences.
Most importantly- Choose a practitioner that cares about your goals. I am excited to see your improvements, no matter your level of sport.
Common Problems Associated with Poor Sports Nutrition
- Poor performance
- Inconsistent performance
- Failure to complete training session at set intensity
- Frequent illness
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Weight gain/weight loss
- Overtraining syndrome
What Can I Expect In a Sports Nutrition Consultation?
I firstly gather information such as your sporting goals, competition schedule and training schedule.
I assess the function of your body systems such as immune, gastrointestinal and female reproductive and assess your energy, injuries etc.
I then complete a dietary analysis of your current diet in specialised software and discuss how this may be impacting on your performance.
I provide a free assessment of body composition using bio-impedance scales, measuring muscle, fat, bone mass and hydration.
I then formulate nutrition goals with you to optimise performance.
I create an assessment report detailing my findings from above and provide a practical nutrition plan by upgrading your current diet.
I also prescribe supplements or refer for additional testing (such as blood tests) as required.
Which Sports Can Nutrition Assist?
All sports! Endurance sports, team sports, power sports and gym/weights programs all require different fueling along with the differing requirements of the individual athlete. Examples include:
- Road cycling
- Mountain biking
- Marathon running
- Gymnastics sports
- Weights training
- General fitness and fat loss