- What is Naturopathy?
- What Conditions can Naturopathy Benefit?
- Pathology Testing
- Naturopathic Principles
- What can I expect during an Initial Consultation?
- Book an appointment.
- List of services and fees.
Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness and is based on the principle that the body has the power to heal its self given the right conditions. Healing is encouraged through correct nutrition, addressing deficiencies, removing an barriers to health and by stimulating of the body’s systems and organs. Naturopathy aims to correct disease processes by restoring harmony and also proactively prevent disease.
Naturopathy treats the person as a whole and thus considers how the body, mind and emotions affect our health. Naturopathic treatments are individualised rather than a one size fits all approach.
I actively seek out the latest scientific evidence relating to general nutrition, sports nutrition and herbal and nutritional supplementation for optimal client care.
Evidence based treatments include:
- Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
- Lifestyle advice to promote well-being and to reduce stress
- Nutritional supplements to address deficiencies and stimulate healing
- Herbal medicine to stimulate organs, systems and for disease prevention
My practice has a strong evidence base and is designed to optimise patient outcomes and quality of life. I empower my clients to follow their own path towards health and wellbeing and provide education and support along the way.
What Conditions can Naturopathy Benefit?
Naturopathy can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages. However, you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy. Examples of common conditions include:
- Fatigue & Stress
- Digestive problems– IBS, bloating, constipation, urgency
- Mental Health– Stress, depression, anxiety
- Metabolic problems– Weight Gain, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems
- Immune health– frequent illnesses, eczema, psoriasis
- Female Hormonal imbalances– acne, PMS, cramps, irregular cycle, infertility, thrush, menopause
- Male hormonal imbalances– Prostate problems, erectile dysfunction, infertility, acne
- Musculoskeletal– Pain, arthritis, cramps
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight loss/diet programs
- … And many more!
Some conditions require further investigation. The following pathology testing is available:
- Blood tests– hundreds of different bloods tests are available for investigating disease
- Stool analysis– many levels of stool analysis are available to assess digestive function, the presence of pathogens and the balance of gut bacteria
- Thyroid and adrenal testing
- Heavy metal toxicity testing
- Hair mineral analysis– tests for mineral deficiencies and excesses
- DNA– tests for specific genetic snips and provides information for more personalised medicine
- Allergy testing– common food allergens, skin allergens
- Learn More
Naturopathic treatment is based on the following principles:
- First Do No Harm – Treatment should be gentle and avoid adverse effects. The client’s safety is of utmost importance. The treatment should work with the body’s natural healing tendencies rather than in the suppression of symptoms.
- Identify and Treat the Cause (not just the symptom) – We become ill for many reasons, whether it be stress, physical injury, poor diet etc. It is important to find the root cause of disease rather than suppress the symptoms.
- The Healing Power of Nature – The body’s innate healing ability is stimulated through treatments including whole foods, herbs and a healthy lifestyle.
- Treat the Whole Person – the body, mind and emotions must all be assessed and treated rather than only looking at the disease and symptoms.
- The Practitioner is a Teacher – clients are educated on better ways to support their health and are empowered to seek further information for preventative health.
- Prevention is the best cure – This speaks for its self. Prevention of disease through a healthy diet and lifestyle is much cheaper and more pleasant. This also includes proactively preventing minor illnesses from developing into serious or chronic degenerative diseases.
What can I expect during an Initial Consultation?
Please see this page for a detailed description of the initial consultation.