My Initial Naturopathic Consultation
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING AN INITIAL NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION?
Initial consultations are split over two sessions called a Detailed Initial Wellness Assessment.
The information I gather from you during the first consultation is crucial to enable me to understand you, your health concerns and goals, and to begin to formulate an action plan to give you the results you want. I summarise my research into a Wellness Assessment Report. This is always an insightful and fascinating report all about you and your body. Your Wellness Assessment Report will explain to you what is happening in your body, why you are feeling the way you do and I will provide for you a simple and effective solution for you to correct what has gone wrong.
1. Initial health assessment, screening and testing consultation (60 mins)
- Understand your current health concerns and define health goals.
- Assessment of relevant body system functioning such as immune, endocrine, cardiovascular, digestive and reproductive and the interrelationship of body systems to the current health condition. Stress, sleep and mental health are also assessed.
- Recording of full medical and family health history.
- Assessment of current dietary intake and identification of any deficiencies or shortfalls.
- Review of health appraisal questionnaires.
- Perform in-house testing as required such as bio-impedance body composition analysis, zinc status, pH, blood pressure, temperature, and iris and tongue analysis.
- Refer for external testing as required such as blood, stool, genetic and hair analysis.
- After the consultation I research a treatment program that will give you the best results in the shortest time possible and at the least cost to you.
2. Wellness Assessment Report and Treatment Program consultation (30 mins)
- Delivery of detailed Wellness Assessment Report:
- Explain the outcome of tests and questionnaires.
- Provide an explanation of what is happening in your body, why you are feeling the way you do.
- Present your health restoration program giving a short and long term plan to reach your health goals including:
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations for the first phase of your treatment program.
- Prescription of herbal or nutraceutical supplements as required. Note: prescribed items are at additional cost.