Some days there is no time to make breakfast- you just have to grab and run. Overnight oats are perfect for those occasions. A nutritious and yummy breakfast that you can prep the night before!
This recipe provides fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, calcium and anti-oxidants. But who cares- it tastes good!
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- Milk of your choice- I prefer coconut milk (from the carton- not the cooking variety)- just enough to cover the oat mixture (approx 2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Cinamon
- ¼ tsp Mixed spcie
- ½ cup Natural Greek yoghurt (full cream)
- ½ cup Frozen berries
- Night before:
- Combine oats, chia seeds, milk, honey and spices in a jar or container that you will be using in the morning to eat from.
- Add frozen berries to a separate small bowl or container and cover.
- Place oat mixture and berries in the fridge
- In the morning:
- Stir the oat mixture and place the berries and yoghurt on top.
- Add almonds or LSA for some extra nutrients
- Eat when you are ready- at the table, in the garden, in the car or at your desk.